Friday, June 8, 2012

Schools Out For Summer!

I know, I know, everyone is posting about their precious children's last day of school today.
But I feel like I would  be failing as a bloggy mom if I didn't do it too. 
Besides, I do have two of the cutest kids in the world...  I mean, who doesn't want to see this?! ;)
 Yep swollen/cut eye and all. Pierson was up and excited to start "game day" in his classroom. (He fell yesterday at school and hit his face on the corner of a table.YIKES. A trip to the Dr.'s office and liquid stitches were in order).
Maylin... well to her defense she has never been a morning person. If waking up isn't her idea she is not going to be happy about it. Since school started so early this year 95% of the time we had to wake her up. Yes we tried going to bed earlier, but getting them to bed before 8:00 is just about impossible and even when we did getting up at 6:30 still wasn't her choice.
 Once they got going, signed their teachers "thank you" cards, ate breakfast, brushed their teeth, fixed their hair and got dressed they were both ready to go and SUPER excited that today was the LAST DAY OF SCHOOL!
 As they pulled out of the driveway they both did their normal morning routine (which I have failed to capture until today) of blowing kisses, and yelling out the window "I LOVE YOU MOMMY!  HAVE A GOOD DAY! BYE! I LOVE YOU!..."
until they are out of sight. 

Happy last day of school my precious babies... 
Now I am going to take a nap while I still can! :) 
Let the chaos of summer begin... but not until 2:30 please. 
:)


1 comment:

Kristi said...

Happy summer! Hope you get to squeeze in a few naps...