Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Thanks VBS

For a great week and great things to take home and play with. It was so fun to be there and be a group leader. I loved watching my kids grow in their understanding of God's love.  It was a busy HOT week, but worth every ounce of energy. I didn't take my camera with me to VBS but caught a few fun shots when we got home with some of the 'take aways'. 
 Maylin loved her kite. Unfortunately there was not one bit of wind, but it sure did provide a great form of exercise.

 Pierson enjoyed the kite but I think his favorite part were these little wings which he so cleverly stuck on his nose.


Look out world here come Captain Pierson!
On Sunday the kids got to sing some of their favorite songs for the congregation. It always amazes me because with 100+ kids there is so much hustle and bustle going on I never really think the kids are getting the songs and motions.  But somehow they always pull through and look as if they have been practicing for months. (these pictures were taken at the 11:00/traditional service when there were only about 7 or 8 kids there)
During the 8:30/contemporary service there were at least 40ish kids there but Maylin wouldn't sing. She didn't want anyone looking at her.  
Amazingly enough we managed to convince her to stay and help out at the 11:00 service. If only I could make her realize that when you are mixed in a bigger crowd less people actually watch you than when you are with only 7 or 8 kids... oh well I guess logic and reason come later in life... right? 

1 comment:

Grandma Shultz said...

Thanks to all of the adults who helped with VBS. Wonderful week of sharing God's love with about 100 children from the church and community. Hallelujah!