Tuesday, November 2, 2010

The Church Fall Festival


Pierson and Maylin had NO IDEA what to think about what ever this "Halloween Thing" was. They were excited to wear their costumes. And the prospect of getting "gum" (Maylin calls all candy 'gum') was even more enticing! On our way to church Pierson said, "Ma, whewr you go-n?" I replied with a simple, "Church!" Maylin immediately said, "NO you say we go get GUM!" LOL! I guess I forgot to mention that we were getting all of the glorious "gum" at church!
 It took them no time at all to start fitting right in to this Halloween silliness. There were games to be played, hot dogs to eat, hayrides to ride and candy to eat!

 This is the face of sheer excitement!
 Going on a hayride!
 Maylin discovered that she REALLY likes pixie sticks! I could do a whole post with pictures of her eating these! Do you think they have a 'program' for pixie stick addicts? :)
 Then it was time to Trunk-or-Treat! Grandma Miller made a great "nice witch"!
 It was so fun to go from car to car seeing friendly faces. The kids were so excited to see Cakie and Befany (aka Katie and Bethanye).
 Pierson became overwhelmed with all the glory! At one point I caught him just staring at all that was going on! I think the night was a hit!
 Pierson needed to try Grandma's hat on. He makes a cute witch/superman!
 Maylin took the Trunk part of Trunk-or-treat seriously!  Trunk AND Treat!
 The night was complete with a photo opp of cousins! Sara, Devin, and Zao. It was good to have you guys come out with us!
 Lois Lane would be jealous! Super man was dancing with Cakie! :)

next post will be of Halloween night!

6 comments:

Jordan Carl said...

Cute kids! Looks like it was definitely a fun time! I miss the days of trick-or-treating...

Kristi said...

I'm not sure which picture was my favorite, Maylin's pixie stick high or Pierson's witch hat grin! So adorable!

Kristi said...

I'm not sure which picture was my favorite, Maylin's pixie stick high or Pierson's witch hat grin! So adorable!

Larry and Carol said...

Looks like they got the idea of Halloween right away - gum, gum, and more gum. Great pics as usual.

Grandma Shultz said...

What fun we had at the Fall Festival. Free hotdog meal, games, hay rides and then "Trunk or Treat" Grandma Miller and I sat at the car and gave out the "Trunk or Treats". We got to see all of the children as they came by. So many people from the community came. What a nice evening to meet new people and enjoy all of the kids (adults and children) having a good time. Having extended family there made it extra special.

Anonymous said...

I hate we weren't there. Thanks for posting the pictures. They looked cuter than I imagined! ~Kate