Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Day 3 at the Beach

 The joy of the water never gets old. It is such a blessing to be able to watch the excitment of all 6 kids each day. It is as if each day is the first.
Mesmerized by the water.
I am posting this picture so my sister can't black mail me with it later. :) Yes, Adam and I may have been fast asleep and our kids may have been playing at the waters edge... but some trustworthy person who loves our kids happened to be standing by with a camera and wouldn't let anything happen to our babies.
Either Kylie is turning into a sea monster or some silly Daddy put seaweed on her head!?
Daniel has a pretty good arm! Maybe he'll be a pitcher.
That night for dinner it was Adam and I's turn to cook. Thai pizza night it was. The kids were more than happy to help build the pizzas. Peanut sauce, chicken, carrots, green onions, cilantro, and mozzarella. We lost a few ingredients to some sticky fingers. 

Darcy and Pierson were excited to show off their pizza.
Yes my son is SILLY!
Maylin went out to keep Daddy company while he grilled the chicken for the pizza. Daddy is our resident grill master!

Of course the day wouldn't be complete without a daily "Matchies" picture. As they get older and our family multiplies it is harder and harder to find total matchies. Some days we have to settle for a theme. Theme of the day: Red, White and Blue.
Another necessity for a 24 hour span at the beach... Icey Cream!!!
Sunset beach is a true family beach. No hotels, no major businesses just one pier, an ice cream shop, one little grocery store, homes, and beach. Nothing else we need on the island. After ice cream we decided to walk back to the house beach side.
It was a beautiful day on the little island I have "grown up" on. Our family has been coming to this sleepy little beach since before I made an entrance into the world. The peaceful pace of life on this island helps one slow down, relax, and enjoy family. Something we could all stand to do from time to time.

3 comments:

Summer said...

I love the feeling!! And icy cream is so good!

Jordan Carl said...

I have been reading all about you trip! Looks like sooo much fun. I'm jealous, I want to go to the beach! I love the picture of all the kids on the balcony.. Kylie and Pierson's faces crack me up. It's a good one of Maylin, Darcy and Daniel though! The other three need to pick it up on their picture taking skills! :)

Grandma Shultz said...

This is one of my most prized traditions - a week at the beach with my family...that has grown over the years. Started in 1973 when Kristi was just 4 months old. Thank you all for helping keep the tradition alive. It is treasured!