Wednesday, May 5, 2010

You Can Take the Kid out of Taiwan...

...but you can't take the Taiwan out of the kid! (Nor would I want to). Adam and I believe that it is important for the kids to always know where they came from and never forget their culture. One thing I practiced before we traveled was making traditional Asian dishes. However, we have been so blessed by friends and family members who have brought us food that last night was the first time I have actually cooked since March 16th! Wooo Whooo!

While everything brought to us has been DELICIOUS (I need some of those recipes) we haven't had much in the way of Asian cuisine since we left Taiwan.
So last night I made a noodle dish with cabbage, carrots and onions. (Very easy) Once we set it down in front of them with a pair of chopsticks their eyes lit up! They looked so cute chowing down I just had to snap a few pictures.


He was not wasting time He was enjoying this and it was fun to watch him.


Have you ever seen a cuter little girl using chopsticks?

Chaucer was a little curious about the cuisine too! Maylin wasn't sure about how close Chaucer was getting to her food!


Well what can I say... they are also learning to appreciate the American convenience of drinkable yogurt!


8 comments:

Grandma Shultz said...

Love the look in their eyes. Obviously, the dish you prepared was a big hit!
LaoLao

Lindy said...

What a good mom you are to make a familiar dish for them. I'm sure it is comforting. They are so cute!!

Anonymous said...

They are the cutest kids ever!!! We can't wait to meet them.

Sue & Tim

Amanda said...

Great pictures!!! It was awesome to hear Pierson pray during Children's Church last week! What a brave soul - my kids have never dared to speak into the microphone!!!

Anonymous said...

That is a very funny picture of Pierson with his straw!
~Kate

Tricia said...

Cute! I "sort of" saw your kids last night as they flew through my house and ran around the yard with all of the other kids. :) They did sit down for a minute for milk and cookies.

Amy Murphy said...

That is great! I bet that made them feel so "comfortable" to have familiar food like that. My little guy LOVES noodles and won't eat them w/o chopsticks! :) I love it!

Kristi said...

I was wondering how long it would be before they got your famous noodle dish. I need to get the specifics about that from you to try on my kiddos. I wish you had seen the look on Darcy's face when I sat wonton soup down in front of her the other day!