Sunday, August 22, 2010

The Five

Around here the word "Five" can mean many things.

"Five Wallers" means the New River in Wilkes County.

"Mouwmy dat was Five" means something (i.e. the dog, food, bridge, road, poop... yes I said it. They classify their BMs! :)) was REALLY big in their minds.

"I five"; and indication of how old Pierson is

"I be five" means that is how old Maylin will be when she goes to big girl school.

But most importantly it is a number we use when we describe the whirlwind of my Mom's grandchildren. There are five from 3-5 years old and they keep a group of 6 adults on their toes. Do you know how many times one counts to five in an afternoon playing in the ocean?

"one, two, three, four... where?... oh, five" "one, two three....? ok. four, five"



Now to share with you a snapshot of the joy of the number FIVE!


















And a few more of my two that I couldn't pass up posting.















5 comments:

Amy Murphy said...

awesome pics!!! They are all so cute, and I love seeing them in their coordinating outfits!

Kristi said...

I'm still counting...

Grandma Shultz said...

It is a "10" for Grandma to have 5 wonderful grandchildren. Being with all five for a week at the beach was a blessing.

Kathy said...

All such beautiful children - inside and out!! How lucky I am.
Love, Grandma M...

Larry and Carol said...

What beautiful children - can't believe we've not met 4 of them.